Monday, February 16, 2015

CA2204 in Visual Studio 2013


From this link, you will find that CA2204 Literals should be spelled correctly 


is categorized as Usage Warning.
 

From the screen shot above, you can also find it is categorized as naming Warning 

If you did not spend much effort try to export  CA warnings into database to further process them you may not notice the discrepancy between IDE and the MSDN documentation. 

But if you plan to capture them and store them in a SQL/Server database, you may want to know this discrepancy. For me, in order to make the metrics generated from my database matches to the metrics produced by Visual Studio, in my database I set CA2204 as naming warning. 

Not a big deal, but it took me a while to figure out the root cause of the discrepancy between my database and the IDE, I thought it would be great if MS keep them align to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment